GREEN APPLE is a series of illustrated graded readers specially designed for young teenagers. Many of the readers are adaptations of classic novels, but there are also some original stories and non-fiction titles. The readers are graded into three levels - Starter (A1), Step 1 (A2) and Step 2 (A2-B1) - according to structural & lexical criteria, as well as the suitability of the subject matter for the different age groups. The vocabulary featured in each book is checked against the ESOL, Flyers, KET & PET vocabulary lists. Each book comes with an audio CD or CD-ROM with listening material and activities.
- introduction about the author and era
- wide variety of interesting activities to aid understanding of the text and to work on all four language skills and lexis
- activities in the style of the Cambridge ESOL & Trinity exams
- cross-curricular dossiers
- a recording of the text in British or American English with extra listening activities
- extensive vocabulary footnotes, often illustrated
- guided Internet projects
- free downloadable answer key with exit test
Some titles also contain extra features:
- playscript at the back of the book
Starter - A1 (beginnners) - Present Simple & Continuous, Future reference with Present Continuous & Simple & 'going to', Imperative with 2nd person & 'Let's', Infinitives & gerunds after common verbs, Co-ordination (but, and, or, and then), Subordination (because, when), Quantifiers
Step 1 - A2 (near beginners) - Past Simple & Continuous, Future reference with 'will', Passive forms in Present & Past Simple, Subordination with 'if', defining relative clauses (who, where) Comparison of regular & irregular adjectives, formation of regular & irregular adverbs
Step 2 - A2-B1 (intermediate) - Present Perfect Simple (ever, never, yet, already, still, just, for, since), verb + object + infinitive, defining relative clauses of time (when, while, until, before, after, as soon as), Clause of
Unable to find what you want? Try our advanced search facility.
Still unable to find what you want? Why not submit a query to our bibliographical search facility?
For stock and delivery information regarding our titles, please refer to the individual title page.